When you use our services, you’re trusting us with your information. We understand this is a big responsibility and work hard to protect your information and put you in control.
A platform designed to give many the opportunity to share their content and gauge it amongst a crowd. Our services include:
- Free Web Novels
- Clean UI
- An Ad System aimed at being non-invasive
- Revenue Generating Opportunities
- An Online Store
- Introduction to third-party apps and sites, like ads and social media
You can use our services in a variety of ways to manage your privacy. For example, you can sign up for a Creative Fanzine Account if you want to create and manage content like emails, photos, and content you wish to share. You can also choose to use our services privately by not logging into our system and also using the Incognito mode of any of our supported browsers. And across our services, you can adjust your privacy settings to control what we collect and how your information is used.
INFORMATION CREATIVE FANZINE COLLECTS
We want you to understand the types of information we collect as you use our services.
We collect information to provide better services to all our users — from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which ads you’ll find most useful, the people who matter most to you online, or which content you like the most. The information Creative Fanzine collects, and how that information is used, depends on how you use our services and how you manage your privacy controls.
When you’re not signed in to a Creative Fanzine Account, we store the information we collect with unique identifiers tied to the browser, application, or device you’re using. This helps us do things like maintaining your language preferences across browsing sessions.
When you’re signed in, we also collect information that we store with your Creative Fanzine Account, which we treat as personal information - information that you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, email address, or other data that can be reasonably linked to such information by Creative Fanzine, such as information we associate with your Creative Novels Account.
THINGS YOU CREATE OR PROVIDE TO US
When you create a Creative Fanzine Account, you provide us with personal information that includes a name and a password. Even if you aren’t signed in to a Creative Fanzine Account, you might choose to provide us with information — like an email address to comment or receive updates on the content we provide.
We also collect the content you create, upload, or receive from others when using our services. This includes things like emails and comments you write and receive, photos and videos you save, and novels you write.
Additionally, when visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help with spam detection.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AS YOU USE OUR SERVICES
Your Browsers, and Devices
We collect information about the browser and devices you use to access Creative Fanzine, which helps us provide better ads and a better layout suitable for your device. This also helps us with debugging and structuring.
The information we collect includes unique identifiers, browser type, and settings, device type and settings, operating system. We also receive information such as date and time of access to Creative Fanzine, and the referrer URL of your request.
We collect information about your activity in our services, which we use to do things like recommending certain novels. The activity information we collect may include:
- Search Terms
- People with whom you communicate or share content on Creative Fanzine
- views and interactions with content and ads
You can visit your Creative Fanzine Account to find and manage activity information that’s saved in your account. This feature may have bugs, so if there are any questions, please contact us via our contact us page.
Your Location Information
We determine your general location when you use our services.
- This is limited to Country/State you are in only.
- IP Address
The types of location data we collect depend in part on your device and account settings.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select "Remember Me", your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from Other Sites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating a Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
WHY CREATIVE FANZINE COLLECTS DATA
We use it to build a better platform and service
We use the information we collect from all our services for the following purposes:
- Debugging. If there is an issue with the platform, understanding the location (for Content Delivery Network/ Cache issues) and device and browser you are using become essential.
- Security. If there is a person, app, site, or program that intends to do the platform harm, one of the ways of blocking such an entity is first to block the IP Address they use.
- Maintain and Improve our Services. Other than debugging, there is the need to gauge how users react to certain events, layouts, and structures we build. From this, we aim to improve to produce a more favorable platform for Creative Fanzine Users.
- Develop New Services.
- Provide Personalized Services, Including Content and Ads.
We use the information we collect to customize our services for you, including providing recommendations, personalized content, and customized search results.
Depending on your settings, we may also show you personalized ads based on your interests. For example, if you search for “mountain bikes,” you may see an ad for sports equipment when you’re browsing a site that shows ads served by Google or any of our other Ad Partners.
- We don’t show you personalized ads based on sensitive categories, such as race, religion, sexual orientation, or health.
- We don’t share information that personally identifies you with advertisers, such as your name or email.
- Measure Performance. We use data for analytics and measurement to understand how our services are used. For example, we analyze data about your visits to our sites to do things like optimize product design. And we also use data about the ads you interact with to help advertisers understand the performance of their ad campaigns. We use a variety of tools to do this, including Google Analytics. When you visit sites that use Google Analytics, Google and a Google Analytics customer may link information about your activity from that site with activity from other sites that use our ad services.
- Communicate With You. We use the information we collect, like your email address, to interact with you directly. For example, we may send you a notification if we detect suspicious activity, like an attempt to sign in to your Creative Fanzine Account from an unusual location. Or we may let you know about upcoming changes or improvements to our services. And if you contact Creative Fanzine, we’ll keep a record of your request in order to help solve any issues you might be facing.
- Protect Creative Fanzine, Our Users, and The Public. We use information to help improve the safety and reliability of our services. This includes detecting, preventing, and responding to fraud, abuse, security risks, and technical issues that could harm Google, our users, or the public.
Creative Fanzine will make your display pictures, reading-lists, follows, and display name public. Personal Identifiable information such as emails, IP Addresses, and names will not be shared.
Creative Fanzine does not sell personal information, and are not aware of any third-party services we use that do.
For California users, we place an opt out link, viewable, to ensure our current ad company does not do so in accordance to CCPA regulation below.